Monday, December 29, 2008

Recording, part II

Yesterday we finished up what we could in the studio. Five songs, rhythm guitar, bass, drums and percussion were done. For the most part it sounds pretty good. We still have a lot of work to do. Hopefully everything tracked well and all the parts are pretty tight. I have to go back and re-track some clean guitar parts for Good news, I'm not on fire and maybe Ice Box On Western.

Jeremy took the tracks and is getting the mixes worked on. Once the basic mixing and EQing is done I'll go in to do some editing on the tracks. We did some extra layering so we can do some minor editing.

I just sent out some e-mails trying to get us some interviews to promote our shows in February here in Chicago and in Milwaukee. Hopefully we get some responses back.

On Friday we played at Elbo Room. I know I didn't have a chance to post anything up about it before, I apologize. During one of our songs Eric from Tiny Speakers/Arctic Fox came up to do some vocal work for us. Here are the lyrics for what he did on Good news, I'm not on fire.

here are my branches inside this fortress
in there i will un-weave gold into the the mouths of horses fed for
when the time will come to go...but, there's nowhere to go.
decide which sign will mother my pain, it's going to happen anyway.
cut it up, throw it all in the fire
the glowing ember eyes, sears the softer side.
dear mother at my feet which soaks in kerosene
father fills me full of straw, strikes a match onto it all
read between the print extra! extra! listen closely please..
the light still burns deep inside
good news, I'm not on fire

I plan on working on some sticker designs. Hopefully we'll have some by our next show or our Feb 13th show at the latest.

No comments:

Post a Comment